Monday, October 16, 2006

Things are looking up...

It's been a rough few weeks recently, as no sooner had Ellie recovered from Chickenpox than Paul became ill - possibly with a reaction to Tramadol, but no one is really sure. Whatever the cause it's meant he's spent the last 2 weeks in hospital whilst the neurology team try to figure out what is happening. They've now ruled out 'hundreds' of possibilities, and have decided that it was/is a 'localised electrical disturbance'. It sounds like it's the sort of thing which should cause your lights to flicker, but in fact it's caused Paul to have frequent moments similar to absence type seizures, and big patches of recent memory loss. Paul still has the symptoms, but has been discharged from hospital as they think it will fix itself over the next few weeks/months. Which isn't ideal, but is much much better than it could have been.

And to prove that things are getting better, today the fruits of my obsessive online competition entering have finally arrived in the post. I'd discovered an on line competition search site, and entered about 300 competitions in the fortnight before Paul went into hospital. (It's a sign of my recent worry that I have neither blogged nor competitioned in the last fortnight!). Today I finally won a prize!!!! A packet of Discovery garlic and coriander flour tortillas.
And I really am, genuinely, thrilled and excited....!!! (just as well I didn't win a luxury holiday - I don't think I'd be able to cope)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you guys on Thursday. Let me know what time. I hope Paul picks up soon.

hooray for exciting Tortillas -- though not much to show for 200 competition entries!

Anonymous said...

ooops -- that was me, Steer. Always forget I have to sign on this.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and could you email me the competition site?