Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Nobody told me...

In the days of my pregnancy and over the first few weeks of motherhood, many many people told me (whether or not I knew them) that my life would change. And it has!

But nobody told me that...
  • my trousers would all wear out at the knees (in months)
  • my shoes would be scuffed to holes at the toes
  • no matter how many boxes/cupboards I have, they will never contain all the toys
  • if you really love a tiny baby item of clothing - you should buy it in the next size up too!
  • you can function (kind of) on only 5 hours of sleep, which has been interrupted 5 times
  • I would end up singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer 70 times to keep my toddler calm in the car - in July
  • you will be so happy that someone else is pregnant because then you can unload all the baby stuff from the cupboard under the stairs
  • when you are out with a baby or toddler you need a clean top for you as well as them

and last but not least - wet wipes can clean anything (crayon from the TV screen being the most useful).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can function (kind of) on only 5 hours of sleep, which has been interrupted 5 times

Heh, yeh, I found that too. If I get my 5 hours I'm fine. More specifically, if I get one three hour chunk plus fragments that add up to about five hours I'm OK. If I don't get a three hour chunk though I can have problems...

vin_petrol

Maggie said...

I also learned that bananas, mashed bananas, leave stains! Never knew that before parenthood.

Francesca said...

My trousers all wear out too. What is that?