But nobody told me that...
- my trousers would all wear out at the knees (in months)
- my shoes would be scuffed to holes at the toes
- no matter how many boxes/cupboards I have, they will never contain all the toys
- if you really love a tiny baby item of clothing - you should buy it in the next size up too!
- you can function (kind of) on only 5 hours of sleep, which has been interrupted 5 times
- I would end up singing Rudolph the red nosed reindeer 70 times to keep my toddler calm in the car - in July
- you will be so happy that someone else is pregnant because then you can unload all the baby stuff from the cupboard under the stairs
- when you are out with a baby or toddler you need a clean top for you as well as them
and last but not least - wet wipes can clean anything (crayon from the TV screen being the most useful).